What About Parents?
Online Support for Volunteers
The Volunteer Toolkit (VTK), one of our most powerful online tools,
is a digital resource for Girl Scout troop co-leaders that makes
running a troop easier and more efficient. The video above showcases
the power of this tool through a detailed walkthrough. See for
yourself how it will help adults and girls make the most of their Girl
Through the Volunteer Toolkit, troop leaders can:
- Plan the troop’s calendar year.
- Email parents with one click.
- View the troop roster, renew girls’ membership, and update girls' contact information.
- View Daisy through Ambassador Journeys and badges (to plan for troop meetings), including prepopulated tracks for younger and older Multi-Level troop groups (K–5 and 6–12).
- Customize meetings by troop year with other badge and Journey options.
- Explore individual meeting plans that show a breakdown of every meeting, including a list of materials needed and editable time allotments for each activity within a meeting.
- Record girls’ attendance at meetings and their badge and Journey achievements.
- Add council or custom troop events to the troop’s calendar.
- Enter the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
- Easily locate resources both national and local council resources, such as Safety Activity Checkpoints.
- They can see what their girl’s troop is doing (e.g, meeting information and which badges and Journeys they are working on).
- They can see what their girl’s troop is doing (e.g, meeting
information and which badges and Journeys they are working
Log in today! Click on My GS in the upper right-hand corner to get started.
As a Girl Scout volunteer there are a ton of really great online
resources right at your finger tips! In addition to the VTK, keep up
with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and our new account on
You may also access our Volunteer Essentials Handbook HERE!