Adult volunteers bring important knowledge and life skills with them. We provide training programs that enable adult volunteers to apply their experience to their role in Girl Scouting, learn the methods and materials special to Girl Scouting, and expand their own abilities in ways personally useful in the job market. You must register before you can attend a training session.
Some helpful hints:
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Usually training registration closes one week before the scheduled session. However, First Aid/CPR classes close two weeks before to allow time to complete the online portion of the training. During peak recruitment periods in the fall and spring, New Leader trainings may remain open until the day before the session. The closing date for registration is listed on the website posting.
- LATE REGISTRATION: Even after the course registration period ends, there may be room in the session for additional registrants. Contact the council Training Specialist (by phone 401-331-4500 or 800- 331-0149, ext. 1408 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org) to see if late registration is possible.
- COURSE SIZE: Minimum and maximum numbers for training sessions are listed on the website posting. If a course is cancelled because of low enrollment, every effort will be made to place those who registered in another session.
- CONFIRMATION: An email confirmation will be sent by the Registration Department.
- DIRECTIONS: Directions to the training site are on the events calendar and events list under a link called MAP.
- REFUNDS: Most GSSNE trainings charge no fee, but camping sessions and First Aid/CPR do. In those cases, refunds will be made if the council is notified before the date the registration closes.
- CANCELLATIONS DUE TO WEATHER: When possible and if time allows, registrants for training sessions will be notified by email/phone if the session is cancelled due to weather. If the council office is closed, local TV stations will post the notification and it will also be posted on the council Facebook page and the council website.
- CHILD CARE: Please do not bring children to training sessions unless child care arrangements are specifically mentioned for that course.
- FINANCIAL AID: Confidential financial aid (based on financial need) is always available for courses where a fee is charged. Please contact the council office (by phone 401-331-4500 or 800 331-0149 or by email email@example.com) for forms and procedures
Have questions? Please don't hesitate to call us at 401.331.4500 or 800.331.0149 should you have any questions.
Volunteers who complete this training will be eligible to spend weekends at Camp Hoffman as Rangers, people who are on-call to answer questions and help troops and groups using the facilities. This training is limited to adults who have completed Troop Camp Training.