Wrentham-Plainville Troops Shine with Community Service Spirit
Troops and their incredible Troop Leaders in the Wrenthem-Plainville Service Unit Area are taking on the spirit of community service with commitment, passion and pride, and with a true dedication for making the world a better place. Check out some of the projects the troops have been busy completing over the past couple months!
- Plainville Ambassador Troop 4812 learned to crochet making blankets. They will be donating them to a charity that helps the homeless.
- Plainville Ambassador Troop 4812 created 5 Birthday boxes which were donated to St. Vincent De Paul in Plainville.
- Plainville Brownie Troop 298 collected 88 lbs. of candy for Operation Gratitude to send to the troops overseas!
- Plainville Brownie Troop 41313 from Plainville (2nd grade), helped out at their local community food pantry sorting foods, and stocking shelves!
- Plainville Junior Troop 1223 supported the Plainville Food Pantry with their volunteer efforts.
- Wrentham Daisy Troop 4348 dropped off their Toys for Tots gifts at the Wrentham Police Department!
- Plainville Brownie Troop 4615 collected their largest amount of toys in troop history, for their annual Toys for Tots drive in collaboration with the Plainville Fire Department! The troop filled 2+ boxes - making the Christmas wishes of so many children in need a reality!
- Wrentham Daisy Troop 4640 successfully fulfilled their first off site service project. They visited Maples Nursing Home to cheer up the residents and have a Christmas sing-along. They even met a woman who was 106 and a woman who was 101 who was a Girl Scout leader for many decades. She travelled all over the states and started troops wherever she went. Her stories were enchanting!
- Wrentham Brownie Troop 4866 delivered 66 pounds of food to the Wrentham food pantry! Way to go!
- Wrentham/Plainville Ambassador Troop 4922 put together toiletry kits from donations they have been collecting. They doubled their goal and will be donating 100 individual bags to the Plainville and Wrentham food pantries plus 12 larger family bags.
We couldn't be more proud of all the incredible work these troops are doing to give back to their communities!