You already know being a Girl Scouts is awesome, and filled with opportunities to discover your inner G.I.R.L. (Go-getter, Innovator, Risk-taker and Leader)—so help us spread the word! GSSNE is looking for girls to join our G.I.R.L. Media Team to represent our Girl Scout council through various media opportunities through out the year!
Juniors, Cadettes, Seniors and Ambassador Girl Scouts may apply. No experience necessary, but you must be willing to flex those go-getter muscles and speak loud and proud on behalf of Girl Scouts everywhere! We want you to share your love of all things Girl Scout!
What will girls do as part of the Media Team?
Depending on their interests and skill set, girls can expect to:
- Participate in TV, radio, and newspaper interviews
- Write articles and submit photos for the GSSNE newsletter or website
- Create/take part in videos to promote Girl Scout programs and mission
- Represent the council at high-profile events in the community, including speaking engagements and appearances
- Report on special Girl Scout events during the year (cookie program, etc)
What are the participation requirements?
- Be a Junior, Cadette, Senior or Ambassador Girl Scout registered for the 2017-2018 school year
- Agree to a one-year participation commitment
- Have a full Girl Scout uniform (vest or sash, white blouse, khaki pants)
- Attend atleast one G.I.R.L. Media Team training & information session provided by GSSNE (dates to be announced)
Girls will be selected for media opportunities based on their skills, interests and availability.
Interested? Yes? YAY!
To apply, click HERE and complete the application by September 30th. You will be contacted after that date about the next steps in the process.