In October 2020, Girl Scouts from all over the world will assemble in Orlando, Florida.
Every three years, GSUSA holds its National Council Session, a
convention, where policy is made and the elections for the National
Board of Directors and National Board Development Committee are held.
The weekend then continues with G.I.R.L. 2020, a collection of
activities, speakers, and numerous fun activities and learning
experiences! Wouldn’t you like to the part of that tremendous
The GSSNE Board Development Committee will review your “Girl Scout” resume and statements telling why you would like to attend. There are both girl and adult volunteer positions available. The BDC will interview candidates and the final slate of nominees will be presented at GSSNE’s Annual Meeting on May 7, 2020.
Please note some very important qualifications for a NCS Delegate (for the complete list, see the Position Description ClICK HERE!)
• Must be available to attend the National Council Session for the business sessions currently scheduled for October 21-23, 2020
o For girls, letters of request from CEO Pam Hyland can be written to excuse you from school
• Serves for a full triennium (3 years) and becomes a member of the GSHCC Representative Assembly
• Committed to attending training sessions, briefings and forums
• May be asked to help with council activities, meetings or trainings
• Has a working knowledge of parliamentary procedure (training available)
• Willingness to communicate with staff, service units, members and volunteers
GSSNE will pay the airfare, hotel, meals and registration for the National Council Session and G.I.R.L. 2020 for delegates.
View the complete position information and fill out the application and cover letter Click HERE!
Direct any questions you have to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for all you do for the Girl Scouts!
For additional information Click HERE!