Money Earning & Fundraising Policy
The Cookie Sale and Fall Product Program activities should be the primary way to earn money for programs and activities.
However, sometimes troops require additional money earning opportunities to fund "big ticket" items such as museum overnights, major trips or participation in program activities. GSSNE troops may do so if they meet the following requirements:
- The troop must participate in council fundraising events; fall product sale and cookie sale before requesting permission for additional money earning activities.
The participation standard for 2017 is:
Fall Product Sale: The per-registered girl average for
the troop must be:
- sale of any five (5) items AND
- submission of 15 valid online email addresses OR submission of one (1) completed address booklet with valid addresses.
- Cookie Sale: the per-registered girl troop average must be 125 packages or more. (The council average was 150+ boxes in the 2017 sale).
- Fall Product Sale: The per-registered girl average for the troop must be:
The full details can be found on page 10 of the GSSNE Policies, Procedures and Standards.