- How to Talk to Your Kids About Coronavirus
- Beyond Virtual Fieldtrips: Distance Learning During Coronavirus School Closures
- Supporting Your Troop When You Can’t Meet in Person
- Help Kids Cope with Disappointment in the Face of COVID-19
- Girl Scouts Give Back and Rise to Today’s Challenges
- Girl Scouts Across the Country Bring Comfort to Frontline Workers with Cookie Donations
- How I Make Virtual Meetings Work for My Troop
- Stocking Little Free Libraries with Food
- Celebrations Are Still Important—Even in a Pandemic
- Updates About G.I.R.L. 2020 and the 55th National Council Session
COVID-19 Important Updates & Frequently Asked Questions
At Girl Scouts, there is nothing we take more seriously than the safety and well-being of our girls, volunteers, and council staff. We have been continuing to monitor communications from the governors’ offices, the Centers for Disease Control, the National Institutes of Health, among others.
UPDATE 11/20/2020: Due to increasing COVID-19 cases and stricter state restrictions, we suspended all in-person troop meetings until further notice as of Friday, November 20, 2020. For the safety of all of our members, this includes communities in MA and CT associated with GSSNE as well. Rhode Island’s Governor Raimondo detailed new restrictions in a press conference on Thursday, leading to this difficult decision. More details will be coming out as they become available.
Please note that if you are a troop leader, your Service Unit Manager has access to your community’s Zoom license, so you may continue meeting virtually. Please reach out to them directly for the link and to coordinate your next meeting!
Additionally, if there are any changes to our retail shop hours, we will send those out separately.
As things evolve, we will continue to communicate updates and necessary changes to our members. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we all navigate through this uncertainty.
Below are answers to some of our most frequently asked questions. We will be adding frequently asked questions to this page as they come up. For more information about coronavirus (COVID-19), please follow the Centers for Disease Control's guidance and updates, including about prevention and travel.
Questions? Please email email@example.com or
Check out our new Girl
Scouts at Home page for resources and ideas for Girl Scouts of
What communications has GSSNE released about COVID-19?
Will you be issuing refunds for canceled programs?
Will my adult training, program, or museum tour be rescheduled?
How can Girl Scouts still participate in the Cookie Program virtually?
What digital platforms can my troop use to connect?
Can I still make shop purchases?
Will there be a Volunteer Appreciation Event this year?