What About Parents?
Volunteer Toolkit (VTK)
The Volunteer Toolkit (VTK), one of our most powerful online tools,
is a digital resource for Girl Scout troop co-leaders that makes
running a troop easier and more efficient. The video above showcases
the power of this tool through a detailed walkthrough. See for
yourself how it will help adults and girls make the most of their Girl
Through the Volunteer Toolkit, troop leaders can:
- Plan the troop’s calendar year.
- Email parents with one click.
- View the troop roster, renew girls’ membership, and update girls' contact information.
- View Daisy through Ambassador Journeys and badges (to plan for troop meetings), including prepopulated tracks for younger and older Multi-Level troop groups (K–5 and 6–12).
- Customize meetings by troop year with other badge and Journey options.
- Explore individual meeting plans that show a breakdown of every meeting, including a list of materials needed and editable time allotments for each activity within a meeting.
- Record girls’ attendance at meetings and their badge and Journey achievements.
- Add council or custom troop events to the troop’s calendar.
- Enter the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
- Easily locate resources both national and local council resources, such as Safety Activity Checkpoints.