Additional Money Earning Activities
GSUSA guidelines recommend that the Cookie Program and Fall Product Program activities should be the primary way to earn money for troop programs and activities.
However, sometimes troops require additional money earning opportunities to fund "big ticket" items such as museum overnights, major trips or participation in program activities. GSSNE has set guidelines for product sale participation:
- The troop should participate in council money-earning events; fall product sale and cookie sale before requesting permission for additional money earning activities.
The participation standard for 2021-2022 is:
Fall Product Program: The per-registered girl average for
the troop should be:
- sale of any five (5) items AND submission of 15 valid online email addresses
- OR sale of any fifteen (15) items
- Cookie Program: the per-registered girl troop average should be 50 packages or more. (2021’s council average sold was 216+ boxes)
- Fall Product Program: The per-registered girl average for the troop should be:
Each of the applications for additional money earning activities are reviewed on an individual basis. Submit the Troop/Service Unit Money Earning Application.
Participation in the product programs not only fund troop and
service unit proceeds, girl rewards, and girl camp credits but they
also provide funding for council programs, camp upkeep, financial and,
camperships, volunteer training, and more.
The full details can be found on page 10 of the GSSNE Policies, Procedures and Standards.